You have a Member Page, and it is chock full of groovy junk. you have your pictures and links and titles. You have great content that tells other members and prospects about YOU. Some of it isn't here (YouTube, SlideShare, MagToo).
There can be SO much more...
And the key that opens that door is called Embed Code (or embedded code).
The quick definition is that it is a snippet of code (instructions) on the page that grabs something from somewhere else and shows it. The most well known source embeds is YouTube. And you HAVE the ability to put YouTube videos on your member page... or other pages (shh... coming soon...). So, let's get to it!
- Open up that good old edit window...
- Open up the YouTube page with the video you want to deploy. (Note, it is a similar procedure to use other embedded videos or slideshows.
- You will see that to the right of the video on the youTube page there are a couple of boxes. One says URL and the other says Embed. You need to Copy the text in the Embed box. Highlight it and then right click Copy.
- Back to the edit window...
- Don't panic... click the HTML button
- This is what your browser sees when the page is opened. And we are going to edit directly to the code.
- Paste the code into the HTML Window in the place you want the video to appear.
- Click Update in the lower left corner.