You've got content... One of the things that makes it easier to read is to break it up into sections. Nobody wants to read a wall of words... they want to space around it... it makes them feel better. And if you are going to break it up into sections, you might as well name the sections.
It's Title time
First up, you do NOT need to put the title in the page again. The title that you gave your page in the previous lesson will be right there at the top of your page. You don't need to repeat it again. And you don't need to toss in a "by Lane Bailey"... this isn't 5th grade.
But you will notice that I called this section title time. So... what do you do?
- On a line all by itself, type your title (maybe subtitle would be better).
- Using the left click on your mouse, or whatever method you prefer, highlight that title.
- To the left of --Styles-- on the toolbar you will see some lines... These control where your text is going to show up.
- Pick the one where you want your section header to show up. Click it...
- To the right of --Styles-- there is a dropdown that will say either--Format-- or Paragraph. Drop it down to one of the Heading selections. Heading 1 is the largest and Heading 6 is the smallest, but there are other variables aside from size. The only request is Please do NOT use Heading 1. Google doesn't like it and the page title is already a Heading 1.
- You have made a section title...
Let's Link Up...
Linking your "profile" here to your own website or to some other website is great. I put a link to my blog in my profile. There are a couple of things to keep in mind though:
- Links MUST be in good taste. Junk links will be removed and the poster will be too...
- Excessive links will be removed. You shouldn't have more than a couple.
- Links need to be contextual... they need to be relevant. If you are writing about your vehicle, linking "Chevrolet" to the Varsity would be an example of non-contextual...
So, let's do this thing...
- Highlight the text you want to link.
- Click on the Chain (link)
- A small pop-up window should appear. Grab the URL for the page you are linking to... (ie. http://LaneBailey.com) and paste that into the Link URL box.
- For Target select Open in New Window (_blank).
- Type in a Title for the link in the appropriate box. When someone hovers over the link, this will appear.
- Select Insert.
You have inserted a link...